Wednesday, March 20, 2013

"March: third saturday sketchabout"

Our group of sketchers met at 10am last Saturday for our "Third Saturday Sketchabout" at the Richland Public Library.  The goal was to capture the essence of the library both inside and out, that is if it wasn't too cold and windy outside; and it was. 
 

On the way, I had to stop at the local Costco and gas up.  Fortunately the guy in front of me had a truck to fill, so I had just a few minutes to capture him.  There was another car in front of him, but hey, I left it out, ok?!
 


I've been working on perspective lately, so after a couple other sketches, I moved from the lobby into the "guts" of the library, found a nice chair to fill and sketched this aisle using one-point perspective.  I think it worked rather well.

After regrouping in the lobby at noon, we shared our sketches, had a great conversation about perspective, color, composition, etc., then headed out for lunch at McKay's Taphouse.  Great Italian sammie, and good company.  Here you see Nancy, Dave, Jay, and Greg sitting about the table and having some good liquid refreshments. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment