Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sketchbook Project #25: Modigliani #2




"La Belle Romaine" sold at Sotheby's this last November, 2010, for $68,900,000: a record for Modigliani's work.

This is the second one I've done today and I must say I really quite enjoyed working on them. I may have even learned a valuable lesson for myself. I think it has something to do with being loose and allowing oneself to explore and have fun rather than get that nose practically touching the point of the pen, pencil, or brush; but I can't really be sure, yet.

watercolor, pigma micron pens, moleskine

1 comment:

  1. I too am doing the sketchbook project but am not quite as far along as you. Your pages look great. Quite the variety. I agree with the quality of the paper. I glued pages together here and there so I could do a two pages spread which not so much of the other images coming through. Great work.

    ReplyDelete