Sunday, January 08, 2012

"You & I Framing and Gallery"


Ever since watching Tommy Kane draw the Red Hook Tavern in the Red Hook section of New York, I've been thinking about doing storefronts.  Yesterday, Sunday, as I was driving past this storefront it caught my eye.  It being Sunday I was able to park directly across the street, backwards, smackdab in the middle of a bank drive-thru.   

This is "You & I Framing  & Gallery" right here in our community.  Mike and Brooke, owners, do a terrific job of supporting local artists by featuring a few of them each month in their gallery.  They provide great frames and mats and will even cut local artist's mats for no charge.



3 comments:

  1. Love it, Jim. Doing buildings like this is my favorite thing. In fact, come to think of it, I'm so new to drawing it's about my ONLY thing :-)

    Cheers --- Larry Marshall

    ReplyDelete
  2. JIm. this is awesome!!! i used to addicted to the building drawing. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work! I really like the shadows on the wall.

    ReplyDelete