Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Sketchbook Project #9: "The Old Man"

The sketch says, "The old man challenged me to sketch him in 5 mins. So I did." That's just for publication as my theme with the "Sketchbook Project," is "in 5 mins." I'm not sure exactly what that means and I think the orginators of the project intended it that way; so I was trying to be "cute" with some kind of comment with each sketch having a comment with that phrase, "in 5 mins" in it. After this sketch, I decided to quit doing that and just add sketches from where ever.

I found the reference photo for this image online. I probably should provide a link or something to it, but I didn't. It doesn't really matter though because an artist's rendition isn't subject to legal scrutiny. I don't think.

Anyway, for a year or so I have been trying to learn how to work ink pens. They are far more limiting than graphite and charcoal, so with this sketch I went back to graphite. It was much more enjoyable to work on this than almost all of those inked sketches I been posting for so long.

I think I'll do another one of these, and if I do, you can find it posted just above this one.

1 comment: