Sunday, March 28, 2010

"Jesse"

Rosie asked me to paint a picture that reminded me of Jesse. My first thought was a football because I remember coaching him in that sport; but the more I thought about it, the more the painting I had just finished reminded me of him.

This flower is bold, bright and cheerful, its warm petals reach toward you and you feel as... though you want to be embraced by them, and it has a strong stem - it isn't going to fall over; and during its life it will share all the best it has with all who look upon it - it is just like Jesse - and if he could see it it would remind him of all those beautiful flowers he so admired in his favorite place in all the world, Hawaii.

I am so proud to have known Jesse both as a young boy and as a man; and I am equally proud to donate this painting to Rosie in his name and his honor.

SOLD

acrylic on 11x14 canvas panel

No comments:

Post a Comment