Sunday, August 30, 2009

"Man in Food Court"

I was waiting for my son to return from a micro-excursion into the game store at the mall where he was looking for a game, when I sat down in the Food Court and spotted this older guy wearing suspenders. He was casually chatting with a younger man at this table and I figured they were father and son; but before I could get the younger guy into the sketch, my son found me.

I like to think my people sketching is getting better. If it is, then the credit goes to "Fred's Scratchings," over at Flickr. Fred is a master craftsman of people eating in public places. I love his work.

Anyway, my son and I ended up back home to enjoy a pizza and a coke with his mom while watching Santana on HDTV. Next sketch...but in mystery fashion.

watercolor, ink, sketchbook

3 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job drawing this guy! Good perspective and proportions - well done! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie Miller EsteyThu Jan 07, 10:48:00 AM PST

    Who knew?! I love your sketches; although, I only know what Miss Graff taught us about Sketching in Art class. But I think you capture the essence very well. I believe this man resides in Prosser; might his name be Jim Rainey?

    ReplyDelete