Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Doctor's Workbench

I went to see the doctor yesterday and darned if there wasn't plenty of time to draw this lovely piece of furniture in the room I was sequestered in until he showed up. These are such beauties to behold while waiting. Everything about it makes one so comfortable in the wait: the electrical wires plugged into the wall, the thing that pulls out just below the foot of the "bench," the roll of sterile paper pulled down over the so-very-soft-pillow, and that "other" plug-in on the side of the contraption. I'm glad I don't have one of these in my home, garage, or otherwise.


watercolor, ink, sketchbook

6 comments:

  1. So familiar looking at it made me laugh--I have a flu shot due---You drew it so very well....EJM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great drawing! I have to agree with winna--it made me laugh too--guess misery does love company!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you showed the doc so he knew how long you had to wait. (one of my pet peeves!) So great you made the best of your time and wishing you the best of health!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-D Great drawing! Very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT! It's timeless. It's universal. A shared experience. Just had my annual a few weeks ago, so it was a flashback. I admire the fact you had the foresight to have your sketch gear with you. I need to consider such readiness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great. I didn't have to wait long the last time I went to a dermatologist. I spent less than 15 minutes total waiting and treatment for a nice $400.00 bill. At least you got a good sketch out of your visit.

    ReplyDelete