Sunday, January 08, 2006

"Mother and Daughter"


I held a surprise birthday for my wife yesterday and she was surprised. The entire family and some friends all joined together at our daughter's home for the party and it was a great success. Afterwards some of us went down to the Ice Harbor Brewery to listen to a guitar player sing some old songs and the celebration and fun continued into the late hours of the evening. We got home about 11:30. This morning she wanted me to sketch something she could put on "Thank You" cards, so I chose this sketch which depicts a Mother and Daughter. She was going to use until we found something much more pertinent to the party. So I thought well, why not post this image anyway.

It's graphite in my moleskine sketchbook.

6 comments:

  1. What a nice husband you are :-) And a very lovely sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just lovely...and so kind of you to treat your wife so well...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful image! Lovely work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the most beautiful and evocative sketch... drawing!
    MD

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one's real nicely done. The best piece I've seen on this blog.

    It would make a great Corporate Identity too.

    ReplyDelete