Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"Woman in Subway Shop"


After completing a number of Modigliani reproductions, I've been wondering how I might interpret his work into my own.

This lady was with her mother and very young daughter in the Subway shop where I frequent. She had a difficult time with her lunch as her daughter wasn't satisfied with sitting still and having her lunch.

She was wearing a cool pair of beige boots that went just a few inches short of her knees. She wore them outside her trouser legs.

acrylics, and pigma micron inks, on 9x12 canvas board

6 comments:

  1. She's got a great look and I love what she's wearing and the starkness of the color work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Modigliani effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great adaption of the style! I think I might even like it better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is terrific! You really captured the modern woman in Modigliani's style.

    ReplyDelete