Friday, March 03, 2006

Television Sketching

While watching American Idol and trying to do some writing in my spiral notebook, I found too much distraction coming from the television to write. These sketches replaced the writing as I tried to capture some of the "singers" who are trying to "woo and warble" the American public into voting for them.

I must admit however, though there is nothing "creative" in this program, and I find it inane, useless and not much more than another another attempt by the burgeoning entertainment industry to capture our minds and turn them into a type of gooey film, similar to that that grows on some people's teeth (not mine, of course, gosh!), I sorta like this show.

I know, none of these sketches look like any of the real American Idols, but hey I'm not Chuck Rose, or Wally Torta, or Modigliani. I'm just a guy with a graphite pencil and a spiral notebook trying to maintain some of the small chunks of cerebral tissue still floating in my head.

2 comments:

  1. (laughing) I don't watch this particular show -- I spend my scheduled "inane time" on Survivor and a couple of other silly shows. BUT -- these sketches look great! It's good to see you drawing again!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did one of Simon! (though I didn't post it) I have to admit - my hubby, son and I are hooked on the show... ;)

    ReplyDelete