Saturday, September 14, 2013

"Perspectives, People, and Pontificating"


The band began to play at the Fiery Foods Festival in Pasco, WA., today, and this is when I noticed they were playing kitty-corner from two portable outhouses on the opposite corner just off the right edge of the sketch.  Who came up with such brilliant placement?  Yuk.

I have been having a lot of fun lately incorporating what I learned from Frank Ching regarding perspectives at  the "Line and Color" workshop I attended in Seattle last May.  I like this one, mostly, from a horizon line, vertical line, perspective point of view. 

Looking at it now, hours later, it could have had a few more people on the street.  There were more than what you see here.  But my purpose in putting them there at all, at the time, had more to do with creating a foreground to push the building back than showing the crowd.  It's hard to keep everything in mind when one is floating inside a sketch. 

9x9 Super Aquabee Sketchbook, Lamy Safari, Noodler's Lexington Gray ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment